Author: Vijay Singal
Publisher: Vision India Publications, Gurugram
Number Of Pages: 392
Genre: Religious Text
Author's Website: http://www.vijaysingal.com/
I received the book in the PDF format from the author himself. I would like to share that I had read Bhagwad Gita, I have it in different formats, the extended version, the small pocket version and also, the audio version too.
I took a quick look at the PDF initially but was really hooked on to it as I scrolled down the pages. The author initiates the book with the note "Dedicated to all those who work more and expect less."
I kept on moving down the pages. The way the author has portrayed the religious text in the simple to read format will keep you engaged. The translation is both in Hindi and English languages so it is helpful or the readers of both the languages.
It's a sacred book and it will help the people, especially the youth to know the true meaning of the life. The author has done a great work in explaining the shlokas in a simple, easy to understand language.
Following are some of the points regarding the translation and availability of the book:
1) No compromise whatsoever with the exact meaning and real intent of the shlokas
2) Simultaneous translation of each shloka in Hindi and in English helps the reader in better understanding.
3) Explanation of difficult words and ideas by putting short elaborations, in brackets, in the shlokas themselves.
4) As per the author, translation has been done in such a manner that no further commentary on individual shlokas or the text as a whole is required.
5) The book has been prepared in a most contemporary style, more as a self-help book and a compendium of practical wisdom
6) Excellent photographs, mostly based on nature, have been placed most appropriately.
7) Placing of only two shlokas (simultaneous Hindi and English translation) on one page makes it an easy reading.
8) Due to simplicity on the one hand and accuracy on the other, a common reader would certainly relate to this book as ‘THE GITA’
9) Priced reasonably, this book is most suitable for gifting, making available to college students, placing in hospital and hotel rooms etc.
10) This book is likely to be available online and also all leading bookstores, by mid-June.
I would recommend all to read this translation. I would buy it myself as soon as it hit the stores.